AEDM DAY 25…heads up!

These are the little heads that I am working on. I included the one without features just to show how I start. I would like to make the 3 Magi with these heads though they won't be finished for Christmas. That's okay, I love the idea of doing some beautiful long robes and designing the vessels for the "gifts" they will be carrying. The head wear might require some research (or imagination) on my part but I think it could be a good challenge. I made the one head noticeably smaller than the others because I want them all to be different. Just because Melchior, Balthazar and Casper were kings, it doesn't necessarily mean they were all tall and stately looking men!100_0351 100_0350

Got my sculpting tools ready and I'm excited to start this project!

100_0355

22 Comments to AEDM DAY 25…heads up!

1. November 25, 2014 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Thanks for joining us for T this Tuesday. Nice to see a mug used for something besides a drink. Great idea. Thanks for sharing, Maron.

2. November 25, 2014 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Lovely work, my friend!

3. November 25, 2014 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

What a fun project! I vote you use your imagination on those men, and run with that 🙂 I like the idea of making them different from one another. It’ll be both more interesting to make and more enjoyable to look at once they’re done.

4. dawn's Gravatar dawn
    November 25, 2014 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Hello and Happy T Day! Cute title, totally not what I thought it would be and glad I was wrong. Those are so tiny and awesome, love it. Great job on them and having patience for such small detail work.
    The picture in your header is GORGEOUS!!!
    Have a great week and thanks for sharing with us!

5. November 25, 2014 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

great clay heads

6. Darla's Gravatar Darla
    November 25, 2014 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

Happy that you joined the T Tuesday group. The three heads look so interesting. I hope to see the finished figures in the future.

Darla

7. November 25, 2014 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Great heads there you have created. Wonderful. I cannot wait to see what you do to finish them.
    I have just started using my Gaudi mug having used it for paintbrushes since I bought it…in 2002!
    Hugs
    xx

8. November 25, 2014 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

Love these clever faces..air dry clay? Will look forward to seeing the finished pieces.

9. deb's Gravatar deb
    November 25, 2014 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

Oh Maron! I hope you’ll show us your progress! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

10. November 26, 2014 at 3:04 am | Permalink

great title for the post! and fascinating project in progress…sounds like it will be a lot of fun, but challenging too. Happy T day, and a blessed Thanksgiving!

11. November 26, 2014 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Apologies for the late visit, I hope you had a Happy T Day – I enjoyed seeing your sculpted heads 😀