DAY 2 AEDM/A MORNING WALK IN THE COUNTRY….

I love walking as my main form of exercise and though I usually do my 3 miles/one hour on my treadmill…alas, it is broken right now...awaiting repairs and I am walking out doors. I really do enjoy the fresh Autumn air and the stillness of the morning as I walk along. It occurred to me that a little photo essay would be a great post for AEDM so today I took my camera along. I alter my route often so though this is not my everyday walk, it is representative of what I see along the roads in our little town each day….I know I am very fortunate to live here….I hope you enjoy the "photo walk"! I'm proud of our little town. I grew up here and raised my family here. A big blackbird calls to me from his perch in a naked maple tree... This pretty old barn has been here as long as I can remember. It has a beautiful age worn patina that the camera loves... A pretty old church has been ravaged by flood waters a few times in my life time but someone has been slowly restoring it bit by bit. I hope they succeed! I cross these train tracks (traveled by the trains from the Steamtown National Park). This lovely old mansion had many incarnations through the years….an orphanage, a home for nuns, a private home and it is presently a venue for private parties. Just beautiful inside and out! In the yard of my friend's Victorian mansion…remnants of the halloween tricksters hang from tree branches juxtaposed next to the quaint shed! The beautiful little church I grew up in…. Great name for this little lane I pass through. The Roaring Brook. Lazy today but it can be quite a force of nature during long periods of rain…just ask those who live near-by! Almost home now... The Fire House is on our lazy little street. We've always been blessed with awesome volunteers! The home stretch! One more little stone church on our street…so pretty... Home! Hey, there's Pop.. washing his truck. Now if I can make it up the drive….the final push!

14 Comments to DAY 2 AEDM/A MORNING WALK IN THE COUNTRY….

1. November 2, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

lovely images ~ thanks for sharing your walk.

{thought you’d want to know ~ the link at Creative Every Day took me to a “page not found” error message.}

dani

2. November 3, 2013 at 12:25 am | Permalink

When I clicked on to your page, I was blown away by the painting on your header, I love it, your town looks nice and quiet, just like mine. I also love texture in my work.

3. Susan Schiller's Gravatar Susan Schiller
    November 3, 2013 at 12:37 am | Permalink

What a beautiful town you live in, and it’s especially unique that you’ve lived all of your life. I’ve enjoyed looking at your walk route and it makes me wonder if you might have been glad your treadmill broke – it looks so lovely!

I loved the river, the church, and the barn the best. It’s fun to notice the beauty all around us and to share with others! Thanks 🙂

4. November 3, 2013 at 3:45 am | Permalink

Wow, I’m really late visiting today. Guess life and the weekend got in the way.

I really enjoyed following you around your town today. And I didn’t even break a sweat or get sore feet. Of course, I didn’t get as much exercise as you, either. Love what you showed. It is simply a perfect post for a perfect day.

5. November 5, 2013 at 3:08 am | Permalink

Thank you for the photo walk! It makes me miss my old home in New Hampshire. A bit different from the Sonoran desert.

6. sue's Gravatar sue
    November 6, 2013 at 1:26 am | Permalink

love the pictures from your walk. you live in a beautiful town!!

7. Sandra Schreck's Gravatar Sandra Schreck
    April 9, 2015 at 12:12 am | Permalink

Just love your photo walk Since I was littlerly born and raised in Elmhurst I would love to buy some of your pictures of Elmhurst. I really miss my home town. When I got married and didn’t think of taking my pictures I had when my mother sold our home. Things got miss placed. I never got thing back